Thursday, July 12, 2012

McCann: 'Cleaning 'Mr.Martin Smith Statement ?


British Media, in a frenzy with one more suspect, quoted a statement from Mr. Martin Smith, a witness in Madeleine McCann case who saw a man carrying a child, in that night. But they forget to quote the most important, as usual. This is what Mr. Martin Smith told police, in Portugal and, later, in Ireland:

I saw Gerard McCann (sic) going down the plane stairs carrying one of his children on 9th September 2007 BBC news at 10 PM, I have been shown the video clip by Sergeant Hogan which I recognise. A clip I have seen before on the Internet. In relation to the video clips of Gerard McCann and the person I saw on 3rd May 2007 when I saw the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007 something struck me that it could have been the same person. It was the way Gerard McCann turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007 when we met him. It may have been the way he was carrying the child either. I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child.”

This is what British newspapers are quoting:

Daily Express: “Jane Tanner, one of the McCanns’ holiday friends, spotted a man carrying a blonde child away from the apartment shortly after 9.15pm on May 3, 2007. And Martin Smith, a holidaymaker from Ireland, and 11 members of his family also saw a man carrying a sleeping child dressed in pink pyjamas at 9.40pm.”

 
Belfast Telegraph: “Mr Smith, from Drogheda , was also on holiday in Praia da Luz at the time. At about 9.50pm on May 3 he and his family were walking up a road less than half a mile from the McCanns’ apartment when he saw a man carrying a blonde girl of about four. Mr Smith said in his police statement: “I thought they were father and daughter so I wasn’t so suspicious... The man didn’t look like a tourist. I can’t explain why — it was probably from his clothes.”

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com.es/2009/05/cleaning-mr-martin-smith-statement.html